• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

MLB Trivia

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
OK we all know Cal Ripken holds the all time record for consecutive games played.

Who holds the record for most consecutive national league games played?

Jagger69

Three lullabies in an ancient tongue
My good friend pool_hustler rarely asks a question that doesn't have a Bums angle to it so I'm thinking it's most likely a long-time Dodger. The '50s come to mind first with Pee Wee Reese, Gil Hodges or Duke Snider as candidates perhaps but on second thought I'm more inclined to think it's likely a Lasorda-era player like Ron Cey, Davey Lopes or Steve Garvey. Seems to me Garvey was pretty stout and played a position (1B) not all that conducive to injury in the field so I will guess that it's him....no other data to go on other than a wild-ass guess as far as that goes so my guess is....Steve Garvey. Amirite? Or wrong? :dunno:

Jagger69

Which team has the highest total home attendance in a single season in MLB history? Serious bonus points if you know what year it was and how many attended.

pool_hustler

Be careful what you wish for, it might come true!
Which team has the highest total home attendance in a single season in MLB history? Serious bonus points if you know what year it was and how many attended.

First reaction is the Yankees, but that's too obvious.
Could be the Mets, though.
Hmmmm.....what teams have broken 4 million?
I know the Dodgers never have, though they've come close at least a couple of times.
Ok I'll take a stab with the Mets.

Jagger69

This is a tough one so I'll drop a hint. It's a National League team and one that you wouldn't likely expect. Surprised the hell out of me when I read it. Happened in 1993 if that's any help.

barebeaverlover

Got two nipples for a dime?
Toronto was the first team to draw 4 million. As for the question, I think it's the Rockies. didn't they play in Mile High for a year or 2?

Jagger69

Hit that one out of the park, John! The "Big Train" had 110 shutouts! Think about that for a minute. How many pitchers in MLB history even have 100 wins? And this dude has 110 shutouts?? Incredible record that I predict will NEVER be broken. The Big Train might be the greatest pitcher that ever lived when you examine his stats. Good job!