• Hey, guys! FreeOnes Tube is up and running - see for yourself!
  • FreeOnes Now Listing Male and Trans Performers! More info here!

2020 NCAA Football Season

gmase

Nattering Nabob of Negativism

gmase

At the intersection of Sports and Politics:

EfEOzI3XYAIPE9W.jpg

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
That's a pretty strange letter. I can see his point, but like most similar points, it's both one-sided and short-sighted. Maybe athletes themselves are willing to take the risk...but are they willing to take the risks if their own families and friends might be adversely affected? "Life is about trade-offs"??? Since when does a human life figure into that equation? Unless he is a field colonel deciding whether or not to bomb a village, maybe making such sweeping statements as that is something he should avoid doing. After all...isn't he a representative of the PEOPLE?

gmase

That's a pretty strange letter. I can see his point, but like most similar points, it's both one-sided and short-sighted. Maybe athletes themselves are willing to take the risk...but are they willing to take the risks if their own families and friends might be adversely affected? "Life is about trade-offs"??? Since when does a human life figure into that equation? Unless he is a field colonel deciding whether or not to bomb a village, maybe making such sweeping statements as that is something he should avoid doing. After all...isn't he a representative of the PEOPLE?
Yes, but his people want college football. It is a religion in Nebraska.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Looks like the dominoes are toppling. I hate this scenario as much as anybody, but this is where we are. The biggest hope is that in the not-too-far-future, we get this disease under control somehow and get our sports lives back to somewhat normal. If nothing else we've learned how sports are so intertwined with our lives; how college football has become such a lifeblood of colleges nationwide. That television money...the merchandising money...all fuel for the alumni who can afford it to finance their universities. It's a sport, sure. But it's a money sport nowadays. That makes all the difference.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
Well, we've been underway for a while now during this ghost town season, and, God bless 'em, they're chugging along. Some observations:

---Ohio State and Penn State maintain their Top 10 rankings despite not having played a game since the bowl season. Now THAT'S respect for The Big10...I suppose....
---The one thing most of us expected is that the Clemson Tigers stand atop the polls. They still have Lawrence and Etienne. And they reside in a less-talented conference that is, in fact, actually playing. Once again, I suppose that's a good thing....
---I'd love to give Chris Klieman and the Wildcats a lot of props but...well, you know...
---Unless Patton's 3rd Army shows up, I'm not sure this thing is winnable.

gmase

Well, we've been underway for a while now during this ghost town season, and, God bless 'em, they're chugging along. Some observations:

---Ohio State and Penn State maintain their Top 10 rankings despite not having played a game since the bowl season. Now THAT'S respect for The Big10...I suppose....
---The one thing most of us expected is that the Clemson Tigers stand atop the polls. They still have Lawrence and Etienne. And they reside in a less-talented conference that is, in fact, actually playing. Once again, I suppose that's a good thing....
---I'd love to give Chris Klieman and the Wildcats a lot of props but...well, you know...
---Unless Patton's 3rd Army shows up, I'm not sure this thing is winnable.

Looking up at UNC in football polls is not familiar for the Buckeyes or Nittany Lions. Maybe when the games start one of them will rise up a little (they play each other the second week).

While no one was watching the PAC-12 decided to play a season as well. West coast respect got Oregon a 12/16 ranking.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
First Baylor, and now Florida with 18 athlete COVID-19 cases. May not be long before the ones who've decided to play later on rethink their decision...and the ones who decided to play decide whether it's too late to turn back.

gmase

First Baylor, and now Florida with 18 athlete COVID-19 cases. May not be long before the ones who've decided to play later on rethink their decision...and the ones who decided to play decide whether it's too late to turn back.
... and then tack on Nick "Just call me Lou" Saban's positive test result.

maildude

Postal Paranoiac
OBSERVATIONS:

---Fucking BIG12....
just when you think you got 'em figured out, they wreck your rodeo. With Ehlinger on one side of the ball, and Ossai on the tuther, the meat-packers might just...well, it's the fucking Big12.
---The entire state of Wisconsin is on lockdown. Paul Chryst said in a press conference that more than 20 team members and staffers have contracted COVID-19, making cheese the new bathroom shower spray of unfindables. The CDC even said that the Midwest is ripe for a new round of Captain Trips, making one wonder just how much weight a Big10 champion will bring to the dinner table come playoff time. Hey...if they won't ding Clemson for winning unconvincingly against a lesser opponent just because their Heisman hopeful is positive, can't they afford the same courtesy to an infected and beleaguered Big10 conference?
---By the way, the mighty #5 Georgians scraped by the unranked Kentuckians in an exiting of offensive growless. Hey...Stetson is still the high hat there, right? He hasn't been coughing has he? He's short and wasn't well-recruited, but I think he's relatively healthy.
---Give 'Bama their props...give the Irish their green beer...but let's brave the Wave for two often underappreciated programs. Luke Fickell is doing wonders over-the-Rhine. I say give him a lifetime supply of LaRosa's. Also over in the land of Chanticleers, they're chanting "Jamey Chadwell." Hell, some of those Carolinians are even aware there's a team up in there. I won't forget BYU, Cougar fans. After all, they did sack Troy. But their real test is next week...and good luck.

gmase

It was a weekend to remember - both Harbaughs lost! Hopefully the trend continues.

The PAC-12 is starting next weekend. Does anyone care? Does anyone miss them?